Heritage Independent Living specialises in providing live-in and daily care appropriate to the needs of each client, with all client needs such as likes, interests, hobbies and future goals matched by the profiles of Heritage Companions and Carers.
Our services are most appreciated by individuals who are considering what could be a daunting and potentially traumatic decision of moving into a residential home but who would like to maintain their independence, be close to local friends, keep their pets and maintain their interests in the familiarity and comfort of their own home.
Live-in care has a significant added benefit for persons suffering from dementia, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s, with established routines in a familiar environment considered essential in ensuring maximum stability for sufferers.
In addition to providing companionship, housekeeping duties and general personal care, we provide Carers for people with the following specific needs:
- Dementia – where consistency of routine and familiarity of surroundings are crucial
- Parkinson’s – where routine is of utmost importance
- Mental Health – cultivating boundaries and routine and providing emotional support
- Learning Disabilities (for both adults and children)
- Special Needs (e.g. Autism and Aspergers Syndrome)
- Convalescence and rehabilitation – adjusting to new challenges and new health and safety hazards
- Palliative – increasing comfort and promoting dignity