What is Daily Care?
Daily care (or live-out care) is care provided on a daily basis by a professional carer or companion who lives in the vicinity of the client and works with the same objectives as a live-in carer of encouraging independent living.
Daily care is a different service to domiciliary (or hourly) care which Heritage Independent Living does not provide.
With daily care:
- You have one dedicated carer every day / week and not a group of different carers
- You are able to determine and control (in consultation with the daily carer) which hours and which days they work
- You are provided with a detailed profile (mini CV) of our recommended carer, prior to you engaging them
- The daily carers we introduce have gone through the same rigorous vetting service as our live-in carers
Heritage Daily Carers, much like live-in carers, allow you to stay at home in familiar surroundings with a bespoke level of one to one support, delivered on three levels of service:
- Companionship and Housekeeping
- Personal Care
- Specialised Personal Care
The duties of a daily carer vary depending on the length of time the carer is required to spend with the client. Heritage Carers and Companions are generally asked to cook, engage you in the activities and hobbies you enjoy and help you to achieve your set goals. A typical day lasts about 8 hours but many clients prefer the carer to remain with them for 12 hours in order to ensure they have help getting up in the morning and getting ready for bed in the evening.
Daily care is generally chosen due to constraints on living accommodation. However, it is also chosen when:
- An individual is particularly uncomfortable about having an unknown person living in with them.
- An individual is trying out care at home for the first time and needs to get used to the idea.
- Care responsibilities are taken in partnership with a family member.
What is the cost of Daily Care?
Daily care (or live-out) care costs will depend on the hours and level of support required. Daily carers undergo the same rigorous vetting and matching process as their Live-in care counterparts so that clients receive support from the same dedicated carer every day, every week. For these reasons, Heritage Independent Living introduces daily carers so long as carers are needed for a minimum of 4 hours per day and 25 hours per week.
A daily carer’s hourly charge will vary between £12.00 and £18.00 per hour – this depends on where the client lives in the country as well as the level of care and hours required.
While we aim to provide this service as tailored towards individual needs, it is much harder to organise than live-in care and whether we are able to help will depend on the answers to the following questions:
- Do you require support for more than 25 hours per week?
- Do you live in an urban setting (ie London)?
- Is your requirement urgent?
If for any reason we are not able to help, we will give you alternative suggestions to pursue.